11.10.2015

THE HILLS ARE ALIVE


Helloooo Fam!

This week was such a weird week hahahaha I mean if I'm being honest, none of you can even comprehend what I experience on a daily basis until you come to Potosi yourself. We had some super awesome moments with investigators doused with some wannabe Utah mom action. Let me explain...

Weekly highlights:

1. President Interviews: we got to meet with President Morgan on Wednesday! What a guy! He's pretty awesome. Nothing too funny happened but it was a highlight! He asked us where we thought we should live... we told him that where we are right now is a good location or moving us closer to Farmington would be good as well. The new ward is great! All the people are super nice and there are a lot of younger families. 
2. What Coulda Been: sooo we picked up this cute family as investigators on Friday. We were pumped. I could just picture them all in white and I had the whole baptism planned out in my head lol anyways fast forward to Saturday... the mom texts us and said "What christianity are you?" and we're like, wait what? We don't even know what that means but we said "We're Christian. We're from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" Mom: "You're not morman?" (yes she spelled it with an a.... more man) Us: "Well yeah that's just a nickname"  Mom: "Oh no! Not Mormon! I found a different chuch, thanks!" Okay bye. Maybe they'll come around...
3. Channel Your Inner Utah Mom: our ward had super Saturday on you guessed it...Saturday! I learned 2 things: 1. I could modge podge all day every day. Give me a picture and a block of wood and I can modge podge that baby. 2. I cannot make cinnamon ornaments all day every day. It was a #struggle. I had cinnamon all over me and all I wanted to do was make a DANG HEART ORNAMENT!!! I made one but it looks like a child did it but it's cool.
4. The Hills are Alive with the Sound of Music: remember how Sister T, Elder Quinn, Elder Stoddard and I did a musical number last week at Zone Leader Training? Guess what? We did it again in good ole sacrament meeting! Everyone was like "it sounded so good!" and inside I'm thinking "you're lying" hahahaha nah it was good. I said I would never ever ever ever do a musical number in church. Missions do crazy things to you, and Sister Ray would be so proud of me ;) hahahaha

Investigator highlights:

1. Rose and Steve: we finally saw Rose and Steve last week. They don't hate us, but Rose is still thinking about if this is something she wants to do. She feels like she can't give up her Catholic ways and has realized she's more Catholic than she thought. I don't know what will happen with that...we're trying our best!
2. Hayden: I have never written about Hayden because I met him for the first time on Tuesday! He has been an investigator for a while and we finally got to meet with him. He is basically a member already we just have to finish teaching him the lessons! We also reset him a baptism date for January 8th!
3. Andrea: WE SET A BAPTISM DATE. NOVEMBER 28th BABY. We taught her the Plan of Salvation and she said it all made sense. Then we talked about how baptism is one of those things we need to do on earth so we can make it back to Heavenly Father. Then we invited her to be baptized on Novemeber 28th. She was kind of taken back because it is so soon but we assured her that she can and will be ready. And she said okay! Then she prayed and asked if that was a good date :) Then... at church yesterday we had a munch n mingle hahaha and she brought a cobbler! How sweet. Elder Quinn (not knowing she was our investigator) asked her "how long have you been a member for?" and she goes "well I'm not a member...YET!" That's right girl but you're gonna be come November 28th eeeeep!
4. DD: say hello to our newest investigator! Her husband is a member and just moved here from Ohio. Sister Turpin and Sister Reed tracted into DD's sister which is how we found DD. She didn't want to be taught without her husband there so we waited until he got here! DD has a little girl in kindergarter who is super cute. #partmemberfamiliesforthewin anyway... we taught her the Restoration and watched the Restoration dvd. We invited DD to be baptized and she said yes, once she knows these things are true! 
5. Julie K: We got to give Julie her big print Book of Mormon finally! She was pumped... as she should be! She ripped it open and was all "you have to sign it! I mean, I've liked all the missionaries, but you two are my favorite!" mmhmmm thats right Julie... Hill and Turpin for life! We read a chapter with her and commited her to read the whole thing by her baptism date...next year. Divorce update: none. This is actually taking over our lives. (Not really but kinda) We are calling a lawyer who gives free consultations today so hopefully he can help us!!!

Man oh man. What a great time to be a missionary! Everyday I'm like "is this real life or...." and it is. Potosi is crazy but that's why I was sent here because I need humor in my life! And Potosi definitely gives me that! 

I hope you all have a great week and make some time each day to read your Book of Mormon! The BoM is the BoMb! My testimony of the Book of Mormon has definitely grown since being out here. I never used to make scripture study a priority, but now I can't imagine going a day without reading my scriptures! They are sooo awesome and we need to take advantage of them :)

I love you all!

with SwAg,
sista hill



No comments :

Post a Comment