1.05.2016

DENNIS IS DUNKED!

(Letter sent December 21, 2015)
This week was the best week of my mission. Any guesses as to why? Anyone? Anyone? 

HEHEHE YEAHHH DENNIS GOT BAPTIZED!!!

Oh my I will get more to that later. I just can't contain my excitement.

Highlights:

1. I got a desk once...: okay so we had district meeting this week and one of our stewardship questions was "what's the best gift you've ever given/received?" Okay so all the elders were saying these really meaningful spiritual gifts and when it was my turn I panicked and go "ummm well I got a desk once????!!!!!" hashtag I'm so awkward. hashtag embrace the awkwardness. So yeah I told my district that the desk I got forever ago was the best gift I've ever been given. It's chill tho. 
2. Bye: Joy made us matching skirts but I can't even walk in it, it's so tight. Self esteem going down. lol jk she just made them so small! Hey it's the thought that counts, right? 
3. Baptism: okay wow. December 20, 2015 was the best day ever. Dennis was sooo pumped all day. He wanted to wear his jumpsuit to priesthood after he tried it on and we're all nahhh better not Dennis. Also we ran out of hot water! It figures. But Dennis was like "I don't even care!!!" I was like thasss right. Don't let Satan get to you using cold water. I gave the talk on baptism and I felt like I was talking to my child! hahah what I mean is that over the past 3 ish months I've been able to watch Dennis change and grow into the person he is today. The Dennis I met 3.5 months ago is NOT the Dennis that got baptized yesterday. Jesus Christ changes people and that is so cool. Okay so anyway... he was so pumped! he basically dunked himself hahahahahahahhah he just like threw himself back in the water. Whatever gets the job done right? Also he was smiling the whole time. So precious. The Spirit was SO SO SO STRONG. Holy cow. After he was baptized, Sis Moore hugged me and whisperd "thank you!" and I lost it. We were sitting in the chapel waiting for him to come back in and I  was just thinking... Dennis is my adopted grandpa and 60 year old bff. I love him so much! I love both of the Moore's so much! They will always have a special place in my heart. I am so forever thankful to Heavenly Father for allowing me to be one of the missionaries who had the pleasure of teaching Dennis and being able to watch him completely change his life. When I was sitting in the chapel, I got an overwhelming feeling that I am doing the right thing. Dennis' baptism made every long, hard days worth it. Because yesterday I got to watch someone that has become like my family member enter the waters of baptism. HOW COOL IS THAT? Even if Dennis is my only baptism ever, it's still worth it. He was filled with so much joy yesterday and THAT is why Ido what I do. That is why I traded in my iphone 6 for a flip phone. ;) that is why I sacrificed seeing my family for 18 months. so that others can feel of the immense JOY that only comes from following the Savior and embracing the gospel. 

Teaching:

1. We were blessed with two new investigators this week! William and Shanna. We have yet to really teach either of them but hopefully there will be more to write about them in the future :)
2. Julie K: oh Julie. We still can't get her to read the BOM. What it comes down to is that she is just lazy. haha that's the truth. She even said it herself. We have been talking with her a LOT about faith and how God can't give her a miracle (aka divorce) until she does something (aka read the BOM). Something is not clicking with her. The sad part is that she really does have a desire to be baptized but she's just too lazy to read? idk! All we can do is love her and keep encouraging her and be bold with her.
3. Andrea: please please please keep her in your prayers! She doesn't return our texts, hasn't been to church in a few weeks, and wasn't home when we went to go see her. AHHH SATAN! It's so frustrating to watch people slip away.. especially when she knows it's true. all we can do is keep texting her and pray for her!
4. Hayden: still on track for january 10. Taught him the good ole commandments this week which was fun. I super love teaching. Like super love it. It's so fun. I still have lots and lots to learn but it's just so cool when you feel the Spirit speaking to you, telling you what to say to the investigator! SO COOL! We are able to speak the word of God to these people. I looooveee itttt!

Okay fam that's about all I got for this week! I hope you all have a great christmas! This is my favorite time of the year. This year, instead of focusing on the past and on the birth of Christ itself, let's focus on the future, and think about how we are going to better apply the Atonement in our lives this coming year. After all, that is what He came to the earth to do! The best gift we can give this year is a broken heart and a contrite spirit and a willingness to embrace and follow our Savior. Will you all do that?! (extending commitments... it's what i do all day ;)) Cool! I'm going to do it too. I promise that if you will do that, you will find much more joy and peace come into your life this Christmas! (promised blessings... also what I do all day haha)

To my immediate family! I WILL SEE YOU ALL ON FRIDAY! Can't wait to see your cute faces and talk to you!

To everyone else! I LOVE YOU! and pray for you each day.

MERRY CHRISTMAS! Remember the reason for the season :)

xoxo,
sister hill

No comments :

Post a Comment