3.07.2016

HEY BAE YOU FINNA BE DUNKED SOON

(Letter sent February 29, 2016)

ohhhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyy.

I'm in Danville! It's been kind of a crazy week but it's been good! Danville is pretty much the exact opposite of Potosi lol...... so yeah..... but it's been fun to experience different things :)

Weekly highlights:
1. Jillian lied: okay so like on Wednesday, all the cars were grounded in the mission because of snow. So we decided that we were gonna walk to some appointments right? So... I'm like "hey Sister Peel how far away do these people live?" and she said like 8 minutes so I'm like k chilllllll we can walk there no problem. HAHAHA. Biggest mistake of my life. We start walking and there's like a small blizzard just casually happening and there's like at least 6 inches of snow on the ground so it's kinda hard to walk in. It took us an hour and a half to walk to our appointments hahahahahahahahaha so after the appointment we were done and the next day, my hips were SO SORE. Like that should not happen ever. I've been doing Jillian videos everday so like.... I should be fit...... it was so sad. Starting Danville off with a bang.
2. Okay everyone here says bae and finna for their normal vocab. I was like Sister Peel! I FOUND MY PEOPLE. hahahahhahahaha like the kids too! Everyone's just always like "I finna get a bike soon" or "bae your dad finna be here to get you" or "we finna eat dinner" like what??!!!!!!!!!!
3. SIX MONTHS AKA BIG LEAGUES LOL: okay I made it to 6 months. I remember waiting fooorrreeevvveeerrr to hit my 2 month mark and here I am #startedfromthebottom Sister Peel and I went and got donuts obviously because we had to celebrate!

Teaching:
1. Stephen: okay he's my favorite. He is 9 and is the grandson of one of our recent convert's. He has a dunk date for March 12 eeeeep! He is adorable and loves the gospel so much. We taught him a bunch of the commandments this week and he told us that when he goes to church he "feels safe and happy!" Okay my heart was just like melting a little tbh. He also told us that he can't wait to be a missionary. Thassss right. He's my new little bff.
2. Terisa: Terisa's kids just got baptized but we are still teaching her. She is a little more stubborn but she'll get there eventually! We talked about the priesthood and it was so cool to see her young kids help us teach about the priesthood. They were saying how they were able to get baptized because of the priesthood and I was like yesssss! It was super cute.
3. Nici and Lina: a mom and daughter that have met with the missionaries a lot in the past. Sister Tuprin and Sister Peel picked them back up last week. So yesterday we watched the Prophet of the Restoration movie with them which was sooo good. You can't watch that movie and not feel the spirit! The Spirit was really strong and they both committed to pray and ask if Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. 

Okay I know my mom is gonna want more details of the area so I'll give some real quick ;)

The ward is pretty small. Smaller than Farmington Ward was. There are a lot of really good, solid families though which is such a blessing!

We share a ward with Elders. They cover the south side of Danville (aka the more sketchy areas so mom, you can sleep well haha) and we cover the north! I love sharing wards! It's so fun!

Part of Indiana is in our area so that's cool.

It's not as small town as Potosi.... there's a TJ Maxx. Wut is lyfe. This is basically a big city!

Oh and there are other Sisters in our district so that's fun! 

Okay that's all I could think of to tell you but basically it's a good area and I'm excited to serve here for a while! :)

I hope you all have a great week.

xoxo,
sister hill

 Sister Peel and Sister Hill

 Trekking through the blizzard

 Home sweet home in Danville

 6 months!!

 Stephen and the Sisters


No comments :

Post a Comment