1.12.2016

NINETEEN...AND A HALF

Hey fammmm.

Yesterday was my half birthday. Remember when we used to get each other presents from the dollar store? hahaha

Good times. I'm nineteen and a half now! Growing up so fast I can't believe it.

Anyway on to more important things... transfers are this week but good news... Sister Knight and I are both staying! (shocker) Transfer calls are the best when you're training because you already know what's gonna happen. It just hit me today that I only have one transfer left in Potosi. I am spending a third of my mission in this area... which will make it hard to leave! It will be a great transfer!

Weekly Highlights:

1. Mission Conference: HOLY COW MISSION CONF WAS LEGIT I'M STILL IN SHOCK OKAY. So Elder Rasband and Elder Martino came. Elder Rasband is in the Quorum of the 12 if you didn't know already... it was so good! I just sat there with my mind constantly being blown the whole time. He talked a lot about the inspiration behind our mission calls, which was so good for all of us to hear. He talked about how Pres Morgan is inspired and how he sends us to areas where God needs us. How ironic that this was the day transfer doctrine was being sent out ;) It's so true though. Prez is the coolest person I know. I love him and Momma Morgan SO MUCH. Elder Rasband was like "missionaries, stop complaining about your areas and your companions!" haha Elder Rasband is so cool! He was cracking jokes the whole time. Also Elder Martino knows where Eagle is! He was like "what stake are you in?" and I was like "Eagle" and he was like "oh yes! great stake!" and I was like heck yeahhhhhh it is. I also got to see Sister Turpin. I repeat. I got to see my best friend. Pretty sure all the Elders were like rolling their eyes because we ran to each other and had to sit by each other obviously. It was the best day of my life. (okay that's dramatic) It was the best day of this transfer :)
2. My future home: so on exchanges this week, Sister Sommer and I went to see Joy. Joy invited us to come back with our future family and raise them in the nursing home...................................sorry Joy I don't really wanna live in a nursing home but......................................lol it's the thought that counts amiright?

Teaching Highlights:

1. Hayden: so we, along with Elder Peterson, felt that it was the best thing to hold off on his baptism. We just don't really feel like he has a testimony. So anyway... we got to break the news to Hayden on Wednesday..................... I never want to do that again. I did not know what we were going to say... I was so nervous. Thank goodness for the Elders though... they talked to Hayden with us and it went so well. We were all so in tune with the Spirit. Hayden just sat there after we told him and was super caught off guard. The Spirit was SO strong the entire time we were teaching. I learned a lot about how the Spirit works. I am so grateful that the Elders and us were worthy to have the Holy Ghost with us to prompt us in what to say. We truly taught BY the Spirit. It was really cool. And luckily, he seemed to take it well. (I had a dream that he threw a chair at me, which didn't happen in real life so that's good! #winning)
2. Dennis: I've said it before, I'll say it again. Dennis is why I'm on a mission! He is literally the dream investigator/recent convert. We taught him the Gospel of Jesus Christ aka my favorite lesson to teach :) He told us a story about how he felt the Spirit this week and it's so cool. He's been sharing it so I'm gonna share it with you guys! So Dennis used to chew tobacco. But a year and a half ago he quit, but kept chewing some herbal stuff because it filled the void. It wasn't breaking the Word of Wisdom or anything, but it was still kind of a nasty habit. So anyway... earlier last week, he was walking his dog and was chewing some of this herbal stuff when he heard a voice tell him "get rid of it now!" He said he stood there and then thought "nah it's only $2 a can..." but the first voice he heard was so clear and strong that he reached into his pocket, got his can of herbal chew and threw it into the woods!!!! Okay it gets better. He then went home and got rid of all his cans inside the house. He realized that it was the Holy Ghost telling him to do that and I totally agree. IT WAS! The Spirit is amazing. Dennis has taught me so much. I'M SO PROUD OF HIM! He's taught me that I need to have enough faith to go and do what God needs and wants me to do. He's totally gonna be a bishop or something one day. You heard it here first!!! The Gospel of Jesus Christ changes people. It seriously does. And if you doubt that, just remember Dennis. SO COOL!

I don't have much to say this week but I will leave you with a quote:

"The Lord has called you for what He needs to do THROUGH YOU, and that will happen only if you do it His way" Elder Renlund

Retweet. It's true. Be an instrument in His hands this week :)

xoxo,
sister hill

No comments :

Post a Comment